Welcome to The Plough Shepreth
A village pub with big ideas….and a record player….
Hi everybody. We hope everyone has stayed safe and (relatively) sane over Lockdown 2!
As we edge closer to the end of the lockdown restrictions this Wednesday, we thought that you would be keen to hear our plans for the next month. After much thought we have decided that we will indeed be reopening on Wednesday 2nd December. The end of Lockdown 2 is not an end to all restrictions, on the contrary we are going to be coming out to a completely different and much stricter landscape to that which we were finding our footing on before November 5th.
We’re sure many of you will already be familiar with the Tier 2 regulations, but for those who are not there are a few major differences that will directly affect how we are able to operate throughout December. Below is a summary of the main rules we have to operate within from Wednesday, some new and some more familiar:
- The most notable change is that we can only serve alcoholic drinks to those of you dining with us.
- When sitting inside you are only permitted to be at a table with members of your own household.
- When sitting outside the ‘rule of six’ applies. This means you may be at a table with members of other households, but you must not be sat in a group of more than six people (including children).
- All food and drink will be provided by table service and no service will be available at the bar.
- Facial coverings may be removed whilst sitting at your table, but must be worn at all other times.
As much as we want to steer clear of the dreaded ‘unprecedented’ terminology of the last 10 months, we need to accept that this is going to be a December the likes of which we have never seen before. We are, however, determined to be open for this month. We count ourselves very lucky to have the customer base that we have, and to exist within the community that we do. Especially at this moment in time we want to be here for those of you who are comfortable coming out to try and forget about the unruly monster 2020 has proved to be, even if just for the length of a meal and a glass of wine.
Obviously it goes without saying that the most important thing for us is the wellbeing of our customers and staff. We have been extremely cautious and dedicated in our approach to everybody’s safety throughout this pandemic, and that is how we will continue to be. Everyone must follow the guidelines and protect one another.
In light of the Tier 2 regulations, our opening hours will be as below:
- Monday to Thursday: 5pm – 9pm – Last Kitchen orders at 8pm.
- Friday: 5pm – 10pm – Last Kitchen orders at 9pm.
- Saturday: 12pm – 10pm – Last Kitchen orders at 9pm.
- Sunday: 11am – 6pm – Last Kitchen orders at 5pm (Brunch Menu).
We look forward to seeing you all soon.
Huge PloughLove, Matt, Nick, Steve & the team x
To book please email: email@example.com
or call us on 01763 290348
Please feel free to Contact Us if you have any questions, comments, or specific requests.